Wednesday, December 26, 2012

coffee & fudge

I'm tired, wearing new shoes, and full of naughty food. Thank you holidays, thank you very much.

Seriously though, the only thing getting me through today is coffee and fudge. 


It should be illegal to work on the day after Christmas. I am not physically or mentally up for anything more than sitting on the living room floor, slowly shuffling around my various gifts and watching Live with Kelly and Michael. 

And here I am at work, surrounded by other half-functioning humans and counting down the minutes until I can go eat German food at Steingarten and then sleep, hard.

Luckily I had such a wonderful Christmas yesterday so I really have no room to complain! Such a fun, different holiday.

In all honesty though, I'm having extreme focus issues today on the writing front. I can sit and stare at various social media websites, no problem. Writing coherently is another story. So in deep respect for you, Readers-- let us reconvene tomorrow for more in-depth Christmas tales. For now I'll give you the lead-in to yesterday's magic.

My dear Grandma Bernie visited last week-- which was a hoot! My mom made her pose for silly photos... just like I do.


Funny. I was working most of the time but we did fit in some movies and nice dinners out. Saturday afternoon my mom and I drove her to meet the train in Bakersfield so she could head home to Turlock. Bye for now, Grandma!

The next few days were a whirlwind of playing catch up before Christmas hit. Shopping, wrapping, baking, dog-sitting, etc.

We luckily got to make it to Makena's Christmas pageant at her church. She was a wise man... how fitting!

I love her. Please note blurry drummer boy with sheep.

Makena and I

Once I was home, the wrapping frenzy began! Here are some for my mum. She's spoiled.

Please note Frasier's fancy expression.
Ta-dah! Homemade bow!
My mom loves creative labels too...

Funny.

But we weren't all born with the wrapping genes. What Jamie lacks in wrapping aesthetic she makes up for with creativity.

Please note the handle for present-carrying ease.

Yes... creativity. Silly sister.

Mom and I watched Little Miss Sunshine and roasted a chicken for our happy little Christmas Eve together.



Then, as always, we arbitrarily chose two presents from under the tree to swap... and what do you know! They both happened to be pajamas! Lucky us!


Then Ma in her owl pjs, and I in my sleeves, settled down in our beds for a long winter's sleep...s.

AND THEN SANTA CAME.

But that's for tomorrow. Cause my five-year-old focus is spent. That and I have some bratwurst calling my name.

........................................................

I sincerely hope that you are all happy and healthy and feeling delightful things. This is a very special time of year. There's so much hope and wonder floating around! I don't know about you but my dreaming/daydreaming has been unbridled with all of the coming things in the new year. I think that 2013 is going to be a beautiful something. I feel it in my fingers... I feel it in my TOES.


I'm still not ready to let go of the holidays. Luckily I was told last night that it's bad luck to take down your Christmas tree before New Year's. Perfect. Convenient superstition for me. 

Warm holiday wishes!


Besos, 

Jenny


(P.S. Happy birthday, Grandpa! I'm wearing purple and missing you. I'll sing a round of Edelweiss tonight in your honor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment