Friday, October 19, 2012

fickle friend friday : savoir-faire

Thank the internet gods it's Friday.

Time for some fickle friends!

To get you in the Friday mood, here's some music for your listening pleasure. This particular playlist is brought to you by my favorite music blog I talked to you about last FFF, This is Our Jam, and my new music-site-love, Grooveshark.

This playlist was inspired from the presidential election-- with titles such as "Anything Could Happen" (though I wish that wasn't true), "Round and Round", very suggestive of the endless debate banter, and "It's Tricky". I mean, what's a playlist without a little Run-D.M.C.? My two favorites-- "Who Are You" by the Who and "I Need a Dollar" by Aloe Blacc. There's a little something for everyone-- from Randy Newman to Scissor Sisters to a little bit of Kanye. Enjoy!

Chris didn't even kind of win Project Runway. I don't want to talk about it. ...He's still my favorite.
Note to self, people: Don't psych yourself out! You are impressive and hip and cool! You have unique views and gifts to offer the world. There is no one You-ier than You. Don't pull a Christopher. You're good enough and you're smart enough and doggone it- people like you.


I just snagged these earrings off my favorite jewelry website, Baublebar-- for only $10. Can I get an AMEN? Free shipping and high quality items that won't break the bank. If you are a lady/need to buy jewelry for a lady/you secretly like to look fancy--- check it out. 


Oh! It's so pretty. I know I know. Autumn overload. But... it's so pretty.


Favorite Halloween funny-- slutty ghosts. This is my kind of costume. 


Welp. Looks like I have to go back to San Fran so I can stop by Goodie Goody Cream & Sugar bakery on Harrison Street and stuff my face with these cookies chipmunk-style. 


This was my evening last night. Read this next image from bottom to top, for those of you unfamiliar with Twitter.


I spotted the spider in the corner of my room when I got home from work. Look. I am not one for spider killing. They really don't bother me and I like the idea of them minding their own business in the corner and eating any icky bugs in my room. 

But then I stared at it for a while. What if this spider was venomous? What if it wanted to kill me? It wasn't worth dying! (...This escalated quickly). I ran to my laptop to check it out. The internet said it all -- it was a brown recluse! (The likelihood of it actually being a brown recluse is very slim. But my wiki-chondriac tendencies convinced me otherwise). The pictures were horrifying-- scary evil arachnids and rotting flesh! Oh the humanity!

I bolted back to the corner. I let out a silent scream.

The spider was gone.

My days are numbered. Luckily Twitter was there to comfort me.

...


Well that was an interesting transition. Motivational Pinterest find of the week. Just to mock my sanity when said venomous spider is MIA by my bed.




Superbowl. Beyoncé. Mind. Blown. 
Saying I love the Superbowl is a massive understatement. It's my favorite holiday of the year. And then you put Queen B in the mix? I honestly don't know what I am going to do with myself. Probably spontaneously combust. I hope those Mayans are wrong. 2013 needs to happen.




Now for my favorite find this week -- Advanced Style. This site showcases fabulous elderly women who embrace the world of fashion and really own their style. They are a hoot! I just couldn't resist showing you some of my favorite ladies!







Aren't they just fabulous? I am endlessly inspired by these women. They are colorful, confident and just oozing with savoir-faire. I have so much to look forward to. I do so love being a woman.

But for now, I'm twenty three years old. Life is grand.

..............................................................................................................

Tonight I am having a couple of friends over to carve pumpkins, make homemade tomato soup, and watch spooky movies (See: Hocus Pocus). Have a wonderful weekend.

Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment