Friday, February 1, 2013

fickle friend friday : brownie brittle

I have so much to tell you.

I'm happy. I'm tired. I'm swamped. And I have so much to tell you.

I've been daydreaming about writing for the last week... wishing I had the time and brain power to tell you stories. The SAG Awards went off without a hitch. A lot of work, a lot of long hours--- but a whirlwind of fun. I definitely want to devote an entire post to the SAG Awards, obviously, so that might have to wait until next week. It'll be worth the wait. 

OKAY here's a preview:

dreamy.

It was a such a busy weekend and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Until then, I could really use a Fickle Friend Friday to ease me back into the writing groove. And you back into the reading groove. 


.................................................................





Bonjours February, mon amie! I have an incredibly exciting month ahead. Working, getting healthy, making plans and outlining goals... and then... I'm off to New York City




I'm a little nervous I'm going to fall in love with it, which might make things awkward with San Francisco. I'm sure it will understand. Rachel and I already have brunch reservations and show tickets and I've ordered a new coat online. I'm a little excited.




We got our big fancy gift bags from the Awards today-- you know, just because my job couldn't get any better. Books, a scarf, beauty goods, knickknacks and treats galore. My favorite so far has got to be Sheila G's Brownie Brittle. If you love the corners of brownies (obviously you do) you'll love these. I actually am more of a soft squishy kind of a brownie person-- but these are dangerously chocolatey and delicious and I can't deny it. Highly recommended.


I wrote and re-worded this next part a million times until I realized Colossal's article title was exactly what I wanted to say, anyways:







You can see more of Shintaro Ohata's art here. Beautiful, huh?


Words of wisdom for the week:



I feel like decisions have been flying right at me all week. Talk about pressure! Here's hoping that my destiny is looking up.




I met Beau this morning for our monthly breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien- where he proceeded to tell me about his IKEA-hacker plans for the weekend. If you're unfamiliar with IKEAhackers check out the website here. The site has plenty of DIY projects to help you take everyday IKEA furniture and supplies and create new living solutions. Which got me perusing the web for my own IKEAhacker inspiration... like these ottomans made out of $8 LACK tables. Done. Put this on my long list of things I'm pretending I'll get to. (Ahem, Pinterest).




This coat! Kate Spade strikes again and no one is surprised. I wish I was wearing this in NYC right now.



Where do I sign up for a fireplace in my bedroom?


I LOVE SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.

The Superbowl is my favorite holiday right after Christmas. (This is a very extreme comment and I probably don't mean that entirely. But then again I might). It's a bittersweet day. Yes, the food and football and commercials are delightful. But then Superbowl Sunday lifts you up and drops you down smack dab in the middle of nothing. I hate when the season is over. I have yet to cultivate baseball appreciation and I sometimes feel basketball-ed out from past boyfriends that make me sit at their stupid games while they get technical fouls and then pout about it for the rest of the night (and morning). 

I know, I'll work on it. At least I have the Sharks back.

But I digress--- I love the Superbowl. I can't wait to starting cooking and watching.

To get you in the football-mood-- here's a very funny NFL Bad Lip Reading.





..........................................................................


I haven't had a day off in ten days and I am seriously looking forward to having two of them this weekend. Next week the storytelling begins. And the pictures.

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday and Sunday, too. I've missed you ever so much.


Kisses,

Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment