Friday, November 9, 2012

fickle friend friday : girl from ipanema

By the time you're reading this I will be on the road to Arizona!

Let me set the scene for you: Johnny and Jimmy are packed in the car with their skinny jeans and good looks. I'm probably trying to rationalize eating cheetohs as a part of a late and balanced breakfast (one serving is like... five grams of protein, you guys). I'm making the boys listen to a few Taylor Swift songs, because I just can't stop listening to her album RED. We're strategizing various questionable goals for the weekend. Cars are getting fewer and fewer the closer we are to Arizona and the landscape is wide open and welcoming. 


Roadtrips.

Luckily I was able to pull together some Fickle Friends before I hit the road! This week I was feeling exhausted from a combination of the cerebral tension of the election and our hectic production week leading up to our company's Christmas television show. These FF's probably reflect that. Simple, funny, bright colors, easy concepts. That's all I can handle right now.

........................................................................

Let's start with this video. Parents tell their kids that they ate all of their Halloween candy. Hilarity ensues. Jimmy Kimmel has a couple of challenges like this for parents and they're all amazing. As much as I wish I was the sweet girl at the end, I'm pretty sure I would have been the dramatically crumpled skeleton on the floor.




During President Obama's acceptance speech this lady might have stolen the show:


Despite how annoyed some are by politics on social media, I think it's fabulous. It has made it 'cool' to be aware of what's going on in our country. That, and if I wasn't simultaneously keeping an eye on my news feed for other's observations, I never would have noticed this lady. Worth it. South Park took notice, too.

Awesome.



Favorite package of the week: Kate Spade. Treat yo'self.

But really, I just want to live in Kate Spade and never leave. Red & pink & gold, oh my!



Les Miserables is only a month away and I cannot wait. I try not to weep every time I see the preview in theaters. Here's the new international trailer, highlighting some new cast members I didn't even know about. For one-- Sacha Baron Cohen, who is slowly becoming one of my favorite actors. Everything he touches turns to gold for me. (His serious roles at least).




Ross Find of the week:



Yes. Gold polka dot flats for $13. I deserve the gold medal in Ross shopping.

Even though I only just bought my tickets for New York City, my plans are already blossoming! I have the best brother ever. Jason has several friends that work for the New York Stock Exchange and he can actually get me on the floor! ...I don't even know what it all means but I am so excited! I obviously have no idea what to expect, considering when he mentioned the stock exchange I instantly thought of this scene with Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off:


I'll try and contain my silly hand gestures. But really... times have probably changed. And I get to be amongst all the fancy excitement! I can't wait. I'm so grateful.




Our Thanksgiving Boston plans are finally coming together. My mom and I will be staying with my sister and her bearded beau Paul for a week. A week, I tell you! Cape Cod... Freedom Trail... football and treats on Thanksgiving Day. Mmm! My sister just started a Google Doc for my mom and I to add to the dinner plans-- so white and simple. They have yet to find out I've spruced it up a bit. Actually, I don't think my mom even knows what a Google Doc is. Let the food plans commence 21st-century-style!



I am determined to recreate this. Not necessarily a paper airplane motif (because all I think of is boring Aeronautics college classes and dragging my feet through air museums), but rather some sort of design on canvases that carries from one to the other. Now that we're moving into a new place I have so many decorating options to consider. Making my own artwork? Sign me up!


This episode of GIRLS on HBO. Some moments need no filter.



This party... is going to happen. I'm on it. Who's in?


I've been listening to Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz', Girl from Ipanema all week. I'm completely mesmerized by everything in this song. Her voice, the saxophone... so chill.

........................................................................................

I'm ecstatic for this weekend.


I hope you all have something planned, yes? Get out of the house, lay in the park, eat some meatballs.

And then next week... we'll be out of production and I'll be able to breathe a little easier. Phew!


Love and kisses,

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment