Tuesday, November 6, 2012

bob bless america

Happy Election Day, everyone!

SPOILER ALERT: I Baracked the vote.

The day has finally come! And I am a nervous wreck! 

I woke up early this morning, donned my election day best, and headed out the door... only to arrive at my polling location with a doubled line around the building. Some people had been waiting for over an hour! I had only allowed a little over an hour. I had no choice but to head in to work. 


So much for wearing my happy "I Voted" sticker all day in the office. Now I have ants in my pants and I can't wait to leave tonight. But as Bob as my witness-- I will make it there! (Yes, that was a Rugrats reference). And I will cast my vote! As a Californian! And don't you dare tell me (or anyone) that my vote does not matter. It matters and I matter. Whatever state you live in or who you want as President-- vote. I vote to stand up for respect and human rights for every American--- and for those who were denied their voting rights before me. 


I am honored to be a part of this election day and am, as always, so proud to be an American.

Fingers crossed. Tonight is a big night.

...............................................................................................

In other Jenny news, I just booked my flight to NEW YORK CITY! 

I have been waiting to schedule this trip ever since my dear friend Rachel moved to the city last January. She's out there totally killing it in the entertainment industry--- but could use some friend love. So here I come to do just that. I'll be flying out in late February, just a couple of weeks after the SAG Awards! Yes everyone, I do realize how chilly it will be. I'm okay with this-- in fact, February is making this twenty-three-year-old's dream possible. I spent a total of... get this... $246 round trip. You read that right. Southwest Airlines is Bob's gift to mankind.

If anyone has any sightseeing or food recommendations that would be great! I've only been once before (when I was thirteen... for a five hour layover in Newark) so I've got everything to see, eat, and experience. I simply cannot wait.


I think it's my new goal to always have a trip planned in the future. Yes, definitely. It makes life oh-so-livable!

........................................................................................


It's official-- Ashley and I have a new apartment! Finally. On the last day my Westside Rentals membership expired, we have our place. For those of you who aren't familiar with WSR, it's basically a Craigslist website for rentals in LA that you have to pay for. It's ridiculous-- but completely worth it in the long run. We found a perfect little two bedroom right in the heart of Burbank, near Nickelodeon, Disney and ABC, and Warner Bros. We're also walking distance from the legendary eatery, Porto's, and Burbank's main street-- Magnolia. It's like living in Disneyland. All of the lights, good smells, and a beautiful green promenade to run on... we're in heaven. And paying $100 less than we were in Studio City, so there's that, too! Here are some pics of our humble new abode...

...Where all of the magic will happen.

...Where all of the sophisticated dining will take place.

...Where all of the Zzzzzz-ing will go down.

You can understand my excitement. It's such a relief to find home. Now we just have to move in our stuff... Luckily we have lots of handsome guy friends that like hugs and pizza and treats.

Besides apartment scouting this weekend, I had a very special party to go to--- the first Camp Bravo Counselor Reunion! This get-together was simply the best night, ever. David and Artur have been wanting to get former and current counselors together for years to foster an inner community and keep everyone in touch. It was a hoot! There weren't many counselors there my age, as most of my friends are finishing up school or in different states. There were, however, a few old friends I hadn't seen in years, including all four of my counselors from when I was a camper. We watched old videos, reminisced over legendary camp stories and pranks, and enjoyed some very delicious Polish desserts made by Artur's mother. 



It was just delightful. I cannot express to you how lucky I am to be a part of Camp Bravo for the number of years I have. It has given me strength, hope, opportunity, and confidence. All of that--- and most of all--- family.

.................................................................................................... 

I also went on a date this weekend. But I didn't know it was a date until 3/4 of the way through, in which I was awkwardly told it was a date. 

Advice to men: Girls have guy friends these days. These girls eat food with these friends and sometimes see movies with these friends. This just means they are friends. If you want to ask a girl out on a date, call it a date. So she knows to wash her hair and so you don't get confused 3/4 of the way through the night before Wreck it Ralph starts and the girl is showing you pictures of her cat. Also, don't tell the girl that she might have to 'choose' between you and the cat. You will lose. She will pick the cat. Every time. 

Frasier wins.

I've got some more projects to finish up tonight. This Friday I will be on my way to ARIZONA so I'm going to try and pull together my Fickle Favorites early this week! Have a lovely Monday. And no matter what happens tonight, Bob bless America.


Kisses,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment