Friday, January 11, 2013

fickle friend friday : heebie jeebies

Happy almost weekend everyone!

If you're anything like me on this Friday, you need a break. From everything. Words, calendars, loud voices, ringing phones, traffic, sitting in a chair. Really anything that doesn't include me smiling and thinking happy thoughts-- I'm over it. 


The only thing keeping me writing right now is the no pressure, no high expectations and joy of Fickle Friend Friday. So without further ado, let's have Paul Simon and Chevy Chase kick us off:



This is and will always be my favorite music video. You know, for those of you at home keeping score. I am also endlessly in love with Chevy Chase. And Ladysmith Black Mambazo. And coordinated dance moves.

In the interest of keeping with my New Year's intention for Frasier's fame, I offer another approach besides internet meme. 

Frasier calendars, anyone?



Frasier originated that cranky face. 

In a recent special from Elle Decor I stumbled upon (my that makes me sound cultured!), Barnaba Fornasetti, a Milan based interior designer shares his story and very bizarre home decor. ...Bizarre and completely stunning. A whole lot of dark and whimsy with a touch of Edgar Allan Poe, Salvador Dali, and M.C. Escher, no?






Incredible, yes??

Favorite words of wisdom for the week:


That's simple enough, I think. 


Hockey is (kinda almost) back everyone!


Can't wait to see those Sharks again. Goal for 2013: See them play in the Shark Tank in San Jose.


Strange things my sister sends me in the mail:


I have heard positive reviews about this book for years. Jamie just happened to buy the oldest copy she could find with the creepiest cover. According to The Five Love Languages, we all show our affection for each other in different ways: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, or physical touch.  This is with anyone you love-- friends, co-workers, family, and yes awkward Jamie, your 'mate'. Bleh... that word gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm excited to finally read it though! I'll report back ASAP. (This is also continuing my intention of Actively Loving Those I Love! Man, I am on it).


Sometimes --on dark, dark days-- when we have no intention of letting humans see us again in bathing suits (or in general public, let's be real)-- Ashley and I will make cookie dough and eat it out of the bowl. Like most of it. Sometimes no cookies are made.

We realize this plan does not offer staying power.

That's why I've been busy sleuthing the interwebs for ways to be naughty and still look naughty. (I'm sorry, that was weird for everyone). 

This is what I've found so far:


Mix together: 
One small container of Fage Greek plain yogurt (I used 0%)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp real maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
Pinch of sea salt

Was it delicious? Yes, absolutely.
Did it taste like cookie dough? No, absolutely not.

The key here though is the delicious factor. Also considering that this thing packs a whopping twenty-two grams of protein-- it leaves you feeling satisfied and happily full. Ashley and I split this and even had a hard time finishing the little yogurt container. Isn't that sweet? We're so dainty now.



What! I want to kiss on a train!


On a final note, let us laugh at another Jimmy Kimmel, Celebrities Read Mean Tweets:


So funny.

............................................................

Alright, get me out of here. 

Time for the weekend. I've got Daniel's concert to attend, a car to take into the shop, a mechanic to bat my eyelashes at, cycling classes to take and a handsome guy to pick up at the airport. 


Kisses,

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment