Tuesday, January 15, 2013

details

What a day!

I am exhausted and I'm still not quite done.

This day was packed to the gills with DETAILS.

Show details, flight details, family details, schedule details...

They're all fun details, generally. But details take time and I feel like I'm running out of it.


This day started bright and early at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Our production meeting brought back all of the magical feelings and experiences from last year's show. I didn't know it at the time-- sitting in that freezing cold building-- but this show was going to be the best. experience. ever. I can't believe it's time already to do it all over again.


This year will be a bit different as I have a new position. I won't be on the red carpet and updating social media from the main room-- I'll actually be in the production truck announcing each arrival to the media and sitting beside our Executive Director/Producer (my boss) as he calls the show and runs through the script. Very exciting stuff.

I do get to dress up! I'm shopping for my dress this weekend... gulp. Very last minute. Ashley recently became a bridal consultant so I have an appointment with her to try on some pretty things at her shop. I can't wait.

And actually-- I just got a message from a Los Angeles acquaintance to see if, anyone was doing my makeup for the show


Uh... yeah, that position is still available. 

Is this real life? Where am I? What's going on.


I also have some different guests attending the show. Last year I had a whopping ten bleacher seats on the red carpet for friends. This year? Due to an overbooking from an auction, I barely nabbed two. Unf. I also luckily got two seat fillers and one backstage buddy for the weekend, too. 

I'm looking forward to the coming weeks and all of the happy excitement that comes with it! (and two of my favorite people flying in for the show!)


To be honest with you all though, I just want to go home and fall asleep on the couch while watching my shows.

To be even more honest, I am instead going to a Power Yoga class and eating a sweet potato and protein patty for dinner. You know, cause I'm going to an awards show. When in Rome...


Send restful thoughts my way, I need 'em!


kisses,

me.

No comments:

Post a Comment