Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not Second to Last

The Tuesday has come, the Tuesday of my last Darwin show. I am eating a commemorative banana in its honor. So weird that I have come full circle with everything. I vividly remember attending my first Darwin show my freshman year, not knowing that I would one day be lucky enough to be up on stage with everyone who I admire so much.

I don't know where I would be without CDE in my life. I owe it everything, my best friends, my confidence, all of the laughs and fun experiences. It has made my four years in college digestible. I love everyone so much, including the audiences that have been there every Tuesday with a big smile on their face. It's going to be a weird but happy night tonight, saying a final goodbye to the Gallagher stage.

In other news, I am fairly certain that I have a fever. And no, that was not a set-up for a reference to Christopher Walken. I actually have a legit fever. My plan is to go home, eat lunch, study for my International Film and Television Business exam tomorrow morning, watch Sex and the City, read a couple chapters in Something Borrowed, eat an artichoke for dinner and try to fit in a nap somewhere. Oh, and also make cookies for those lovely Darwins who have enjoyed my cookies over the last couple years.

I hope I feel better for tonight. I think it may have to do with all those ions rushing around in the air. The wind has been ridiculous these past two days. The wind was rudely blowing against me yesterday as I rode my bike home. I looked insane. Hair flying wildly behind me, as my hair tie had fallen out of my jean pocket. Gripping the handles so I wouldn't fly away with the wind. People were walking as fast as my bike was going. Simply ridiculous. I got home drenched in sweat. Silly Tucson. You know I am not used to that sort of thing, neither should I be--- I live in Tucson. I only know dry heat or dry cold. And certainly never intense Chicago reminiscent wind. I bite my thumb at thee.

Well, time for class. My last Tuesday/Thursday day. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment