Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wi-fi Woes

Woof. Moving.

I can't wait till we can apparate to other locations, because moving millions of boxes into an apartment is just ridiculous. I'm lucky I have such a great group of friends who were willing to help move me in. Nice people, they've only known me for a month and I have already earned their assistance in everyone's least favorite activity. Lovely.

After ten hours in the truck with just me, mom, angry Frasier, and only mariachi stations coming through on the radio, we finally arrived in Studio City. At 8:30 pm. Bennett, Johnny, Becca (and twenty minutes before being done, Nikolai) helped me unload everything into our new place. It took us an hour, twice as long as the day before, which makes sense because in Tucson we were walking a much shorter distance and we didn't have to wait for an elevator. We ordered pizza, I made some cookies, and bought a bottle of wine for Bennett's party. Then we all went over to his place for a very silly night.

There were margaritas, random inexplicable foot massages (not on my part), and more Harrison Ford impersonations. Nikolai (my Bravo friend/brother) got to meet all my Bang friends which was super cool. Nikolai always gets along with everyone though, no surprise there. Ironically, Johnny and Jimmy are the same height and body type as Nikolai. Look at them, they are all way too good looking for their own good.


And I think they know it. Now Nikolai just needs to change his name so he can hang out with Jimmy, Johnny, and Jenny. I'm digging "Jeffy".

I had a lovely weekend with my mum! We accomplished a lot but there is still so much left to be done. I got a fridge which is super exciting. It's been weird without one. Look how the little kitchen is coming together!


Classy.

Fridge yes, internet not quite yet. I was supposed to get the modem in the mail today bit still haven't. Boo. I have been shuttling back and forth from Starbucks to take care of all my internet business. Silly. I'm still on the lookout for a couch, coffee table, and dining/kitchen table set. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. I checked out IKEA but things in my price range were a tad on the tacky side. (shakes fist) ...standards!

I worked quite a bit this weekend, too. Oi. It takes me, get this, an HOUR AND A HALF to drive to Santa Monica from Studio City. You have got to be kidding me. I wake up all happy to go to work and then arrive exhausted. I've even tried a couple different routes. All the same. It's moments like those that make me think LA is going to be a temporary thing for me. At least a year, but temporary nonetheless. I don't know if it's worth it. I feel like so much negativity is going around simply because people are cranky in their cars. Bleh cranky people. BUT I am looking to transfer stores. I dropped off my resumé and chatted with the manager at LUSH CityWalk in Universal Studios today!


Oh baby, that would take just 5 minutes from my place. It's not a high volume store like Santa Monica which is a bummer. When I walked in only ONE person was working. That was kinda weird/sad. Usually we are hustling with 5 of us in the 3rd Street Promenade store. And I have lots of friends at my other place so I am a little bummed. But I would rather sit alone in a store then sit alone in my car in traffic... right?

Sunday night after LUSH my mom and I met with Jason, Emma, and the kids for the most delightful Italian dinner at Fritto Misto in Santa Monica.


Don't be fooled by the unassuming exterior-- this place is delicious. We celebrated my mom's birthday with pasta and a bottle of delicious wine (I had the gnocchi with gorgonzola and walnut sauce-- holy moly!). It's always nice to meet up with the fam. I even got a special little treat... learning that my 6 year old niece can do a lazy eye like mine. For those of you who know me well enough for me to show you my lazy eye (that sounds...weird)... it's a staple in my disturbing others/using in improv scenes. And what do you know, Makena can do it, too.


Yup. We're related, alright. Another reason for me to love her more, if that was even possible.

Monday was my mum's b-day! We went to the Griddle for the most amazing french toast in the world. I am so obsessed with that place, have I mentioned? Man. And look how cute she is!


After breakfast we made the drive out to Santa Barbara for the day. Going anywhere else in California makes me wonder why exactly people live in LA. (Except for the food, job opportunities, and the Griddle. P.S. I hope you don't think I am hating on LA, I'm not, I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking half the time. There are lots of good things, but I think the natural beauty in LA is about shot). We wandered down main street and went in lots of little boutiques. It was a lovely day.


We then drove home for my sketch class. We had a very crazy run-through and Mums got to watch! It was a lot of fun. Despite some rough patches it was pretty impressive for our first go. Kinda hilarious. You will not be disappointed, I promise. So come!


In other news, check out my new sexy coffee shop read:


Yup. Sexy. Look at me, reading finance books. I plan on making big money though so I might as well figure out how to handle all those numbers... ("Aww, how cute and optimistic...")

I have currently sent my resumé out in 8 different directions hoping that something sticks. It's weird cause most companies want interns but only if they're not quite done with school. Boo. I'm keeping at it though, I've got a good feeling that something will come along soon!

Tonight I have my very last improv class for my level. Sad. I hear my dear friend Becca is bringing cupcakes though... mmm...

Kisses all. Here's to hoping you don't have to spend all of your internet time in a Starbucks with a full bladder because you don't want to leave your table that is directly under the air conditioning next to a middle aged man in high socks trying to talk to you about coffee shop corporate tactics. Not that I don't love it, cause obviously I do.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment